Neither PPTP or IPv6 would work without first enabling DMZ-Plus on my 2Wire router to make sure everything passed through to my routers.
Here is how to setup your router in DMZ-Plus mode:
- Unplug all devices from the 2Wire router except for your router you want to be in DMZ. Also, unplug any TV boxes as they might through the 2Wire router.
- Reset your 2Wire router by unplugging, waiting 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Login to the 2Wire and goto the Firewall settings. Then select Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ
- There should only be 1 device listed under "Select a Computer". Make sure it is selected and then Choose the radio button: Allow all applications (DMZplus mode).
- Hit Save. Now login to your router that is now under DMZ.
- Under setup, make sure the router is set to DHCP.
- Goto the Status page and click Release IP Address then wait 30 seconds and click Renew IP Address.
- The IP address listed should change from 192.168.x.x to your DSL/Cable IP Address. If it stayed at 192.168.x.x, go back to step 3. It might take a few times for your router to pickup the correct IP.
- Once your router has the external IP, everything is configured correctly.
Even if your router has the 192.168.x.x the router still appears to be in DMZ however, most obscure-protocols (GRE,IPv6-IPv4) still will not work. The router must have the external IP as its IP address for everything to work correctly.